Registered Nurse (NII)-Home Care - Bilingual position
Primary office is St. Vital / St. Boniface. May be required to work in other Community Areas and/or Nurse Supported/ Wound Clinics.
Under the general supervision of the Team Manager and while demonstrating a commitment to the mission, vision and values of the WRHA, the Registered Nurse (RN) provides nursing care to clients in the community, including those with complex and unpredictable health needs. These services include independent nursing services, administration of prescribed treatments, a leadership role within the healthcare team and facilitating coordination of client care and discharge. These services may be provided in the home, school, place of business settings or at a home care nursing clinic.
Consistent with the French Language Services Policy of the Government of Manitoba and the Winnipeg Regional Health Authority’s French Language Services Policy, the WRHA is committed to offer services in French and English in designated program/service areas serving francophone communities in Winnipeg. THIS POSITION HAS BEEN DESIGNATED BILINGUAL.
- Must be able to speak French at the predetermined linguistic level.
- Graduate of an approved Registered Nursing education program required.
- CNA Community Health Nurses Certification or relevant applicable certification preferred.
- Additional wound care and chronic disease management education preferred
- 2 years related recent experience preferred.
- Experience in emergency, medicine, rehabilitation and/or community an asset.
- Knowledge of:
- College of Registered Nurses of Manitoba Standards of Practice for Registered Nurses.
- Canadian Nurses Association Code of Ethics for Registered Nurses.
- Community Health Nurse Standards of Practice & Home Health Competencies.
- Scope of practice document as documented in the Registered Nurses Act.
- Regional/Facility unit policies, procedures, protocols, and guidelines.
- Nursing care knowledge related to community nursing.
- Personal Health Information Act (PHIA), Protection of Persons in Care Act, Mental Health Act, Workplace Hazardous Material Information System (WHMIS), Principles of Routine Practices (Universal Precautions) and other legislated acts.
- Roles and responsibilities of members of the healthcare team.
- Principles standards of practice of telephone consultation; delegation/assignment.
- Principles of adult learning and teaching strategies.
- Principles of health behavior counselling and motivational interviewing.
This position is subject to a Criminal Record Check, including Vulnerable Sector Search, an Adult Abuse Registry Check and a Child Abuse Registry Check. The successful candidate will be responsible for any service charges incurred.