Regional Manager, French Language Services
Reporting temporarily to the President and CEO, WRHA, the incumbent provides leadership and support in developing, enhancing and implementing the regional delivery of health services in French within the full continuum of care. The mandate is in accordance with the region’s French Language Services policies, the Government of Manitoba French Language Services Policy, and regulations established under the legislation governing the Regional Health Authorities of Manitoba.
Consistent with the French Language Services Policy of the Government of Manitoba and the Winnipeg Regional Health Authority’s French Language Services Policy, the WRHA is committed to offer services in French and English in designated program/service areas serving francophone communities in Winnipeg. THIS POSITION HAS BEEN DESIGNATED BILINGUAL.
- Education (Degree/Diploma/Certificate)
- Undergraduate degree (Masters preferred) in health care management/administration, public administration, or business management.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Minimum five years management experience in a healthcare facility, regional health authority, or private/public health organization in related area required.
- Project management, program and policy development experience required.
- Experience implementing the Province of Manitoba French Language Services policies and procedures required
- Clinical background would be an asset
- Knowledge of LEAN transformation would be an asset
- Formal knowledge of translation practices and principles would be considered an asset
- Communications or public relations experience would be considered an asset.
- Valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle.
Qualifications and Skills
- Must be able to understand, speak, read and write French at pre-determined linguistic level.
- Excellent command of English (oral and written).
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, communication, presentation, negotiation and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated expertise in policy and program development and implementation.
- Demonstrates the ability to think strategically, critically, analytically, conceptually.
- Partnership building skills and facilitates effective working relationships with internal clients/programs and external partners.
- Ability to plan, manage and implement change.
- Demonstrated leadership and advocacy skills
- In-depth knowledge of program and site-based, as well as regional and provincial organization of health services
- Knowledge of and experience with the needs of the Franco-Manitoban community.
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office applications (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Access).
- Ability to work with minimal direction