Pension & Benefits Consultant
St.Amant is a non-profit organization, offering programs & services throughout Manitoba which support over 1600 children and adults with developmental disabilities and autism, and their families. We are committed to delivering person and family centered supports through individualized programs and services. St.Amant is guided by its core values of Collaboration, Hospitality, Excellence and Respect.
St.Amant welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Position Summary and Scope of Service:
St.Amant’s core values reflect a strong commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion. St.Amant maintains ongoing commitment to recruiting a diverse and talented workforce which is paramount to supporting the vibrant community we serve. Reporting to the Manager of Human Resource Services and consistent with the Mission, Values and policies of St.Amant, Pension and Benefits Consultant is a critical role in ensuring the success of St.Amant business and operations.
Exemplifying the mission, vision and values of St.Amant, the Pensions and Benefits Consultant works collaboratively with partnered programs while offering employees respectful customer service. Acting as the single point of contact for members, employees and third party (insurers) inquiries on all things related to pension and benefits, this role requires the incumbent to be compassionate and person centered. As the subject matter expert, this role is responsible to provide specialized, technical advice, guidance, and information in relation to member pension and benefits.
St.Amant values and promotes volunteerism in the workplace. Volunteers bring optimism and enthusiasm, create positive energy, share diverse perspectives and are an integral part of the work we do. As such and in keeping with the values of our organization, the incumbent to this role is encouraged to actively support, train, mentor, collaborate and invest in volunteer initiatives.
• High school Diploma, Certificate or G.E.D
• Post-secondary education in Human Resource Management, or related area preferred
• Retirement Plans Associate (RPA) and/ or Group Benefits Association(GBA) designations are asset
• Certified Employee Benefit Specialist (CEBS) designation (in good standing) from an accredited association (or working towards certification) and/or equivalent industry knowledge is considered
• Three (3) years of direct experience in the field of pension and benefits administration with client service experience/ orientation to meet established service levels and communicate with members/employees with sensitivity and tact
• A thorough knowledge of private sector and provincial public sector pension legislation and healthcare employee benefit plans
• Knowledge of collective agreements would be an asset
• Knowledge of HRIS systems (Quadrant/QSS)
• Good numeric skills to ensure accuracy in calculations of pension entitlements, payments and deductions
• Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office as well as the adaptability to learn all in-house systems and procedures
• Ability to contextualize employment benefits within the Canadian income taxation framework and identify possible tax ramifications;
• Ability to effectively communicate pension and benefit policies and procedures and to resolve issues (in person, over the phone or by email/ letter).
• Critical thinking skills to analyze legislative proposals/ changes as they affect employment and retirement benefits;
• Oral and written communication skills to prepare, develop, and deliver workshops and/ or presentations on employment and retirement benefits that match all levels of learning
• Analytical skills to resolve discrepancies, able to take appropriate actions as required.
• Bilingual in both official languages (English/French) preferred, but not mandatory.
• Ability to work with minimal supervision as well as a collaborative team player in a team environment.
• Ability to generate ideas to improve work procedures and contribute to an environment that fosters growth, development and innovation.
• Superb interpersonal ability to establish and maintain positive and productive working relationships with humility and self-awareness;
• Ability and willingness to give and receive honest, balanced feedback.
• Demonstrates competence and character that inspires trust
• Acts with integrity and respect in all interactions
• Values and committed to continuous self-growth and professional learning
As a condition of employment, successful candidates will be required to provide a satisfactory criminal record check, adult abuse registry check, and a child abuse registry check.
We thank all applicants, but only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.