Home Share Providers
St.Amant in actively recruiting Home Share Providers.
St.Amant is a comprehensive resource for Manitobans with developmental disabilities and autism. We strive to enhance the quality of life and self-determination for the thousands of people and families we serve each year.
St.Amant and Home Share Providers work together to fulfill their responsibilities and protect the rights of people supported in a Home Share environment.
Who Needs Home Share?
Adults living with developmental disabilities who choose home share support come from all backgrounds. It is a living option for a natural community living experience as people want to move outside of the family home or current living situation. The living experience is designed to provide individualized care in a nurturing, safe, and stable home environment that promotes growth, encourages personal choice, and opportunities.
Who can be a Home Share Provider?
Home Share Providers are individuals or couples, with or without children, who live in Winnipeg or surrounding communities with diverse backgrounds. Prospective Home Share providers must:
- Recognize the value of people who live with developmental disabilities.
- Be at least 18 years of age.
- Be emotionally, physically and financially stable.
- Commit time and energy to meet the needs of an adult living with a developmental disability and to support them to live full lives as part of the community.
- Own or rent a home (house or apartment) that meets the needs of the person supported and provincial licensing standards.
- Participate in the licensing process fully and openly, despite its intensive and invasive nature.
- Manage complex needs and behaviours.
- Work respectfully and collaboratively with all members of the person’s support team, including St.Amant, health professionals, and family.