Improving St. Boniface and St. Vital Seniors’ Access to French-Language Health Services - Bilingual version (2013)
Conseil communauté en santé du Manitoba has led the “Improving St. Boniface and St. Vital Seniors’ Access to French-language Services” project. Five research reports and a summary were produced.
This summary deals with the results of the research, which focused on the following five objectives:
- Overview of St. Boniface and St. Vital seniors’ health, access to services, and health needs;
- Description of individual experiences with French-language health care for seniors living in the community;
- Inventory of French-language health services available in St. Boniface and St. Vital and identification of gaps in services;
- Identification of bilingual human resources and current human resource practices in Winnipeg Regional Health Authority (WRHA) facilities;
- Summary of best practices in providing health services for seniors.