Benefits of French-language Services
Many advantages leading to better health
Full access to French-language health and social services provides several obvious advantages, not only for Francophones in Manitoba but also for the entire healthcare and social services system.
- Improved care – Francophones receive health and social services in French with positive and measureable improvments to their health and well being.
- Quality – Francophones have the reassurance that the treatments they receive, and the results of those treatments deliver the best possible results.
- Efficiency – Duplication of services can be reduced, diagnoses can be completed more quickly, and treatments can be delivered more accurately.
- Clarity – When Francophones can communicate in French, they understand what they need to do. Clear communication helps alleviate unnecessary fear or pain, and reduces uncertainty.
- Cost savings – The result of more efficient delivery of service, increased health promotion, more accurate diagnoses and treatments, and overall better health care saves duplication and waste in the health care and social service sector.
“Health is a state of complete physical, mental and social well-being and not merely the absence of disease or infirmity.” (WHO)